Infant Care Program
Our infants receive an individualized approach to developmental education, health and nutrition in a warm, caring, and safe child care environment.
Each infant is allowed his or her own patterns of sleeping, waking, eating, and playing. Infants are taken outside each day except in inclement weather. Non-mobile children receive plenty of “tummy-time” and children who can creep or crawl are given opportunities during the day to move freely in a safe, clean, open, warm and uncluttered area.
Here is a sample infant care class schedule to help you understand what your child will experience throughout the day at Northwoods Child Development Center.
- 6:30- 8:30am: Arrival and quiet play or cuddle time. Teacher’s aide takes personal care items from the day and any specific notes provided by the parent
- 8:30am: Breakfast fed by teacher followed by songs and hand games
- 9:30am: Nap time / Quiet time
- 10:30am: Bottle feeding, followed by free play or tummy time
- 11:15am: Outside break. Stroll around the playground with the teacher
- 12:00pm: Lunch
- 12:30pm: Story book, followed by fine motor play (infant playing with stacking toy, viewing self in mirror, etc)
- 1:30 – 3:30pm: Nap time
- 3:30pm: Activities including music, mobile play, tummy time on mats, and more
- 5:15pm: Child is picked up by parent and provided with notes on how the day went