Toddler Care Program
Our toddler child care program facilitates learning through a strategic environment conducive to discovery and play while under constant supervision by our trained teachers.
Play is a very important part of both the infant and toddler child care program. Play is vital to growth and learning, along with providing opportunities for discovery through natural experiences. Our toddlers make discoveries and choices, solve problems, and begin to learn what is of interest to them.
Here is a sample toddler care class schedule to help you understand what your child will experience throughout the day at Northwoods Child Development Center.
- 6:30am – 8:30am: Arrival and free play. Teacher’s aide takes personal care items and any specific notes provided by the parent
- 8:30am: Breakfast
- 9:15am: Circle time including good morning song, finger plays and introduction to the day
- 9:30am: Unit and group activities
- 10:15am: Outside play including gross motor development time and social interaction
- 11:15am: Music / rhythm band
- 11:30am: Lunch and transition
- 12:30 – 2:30pm: Nap time / quiet time
- 2:30pm: Snack
- 3:15pm: Activities including free play with learning centers, play-dough, outdoor play time, and enrichment activity such as dramatic play
- 5:15pm: Child is picked up by parent and provided with notes on how the day went